A thinker who thinks about thinking.
Casey is an insufferable go-getter and well rounded individual. I like to casually swap the first and third person perspective.
In the first decade of my adult life, I’ve been a university mascot, ‘Momentum Monday Man,’ graphic designer, Special Olympics gymnastics coach, (failed) politician, software developer, historian, documentarian and anger management volunteer. I saw Steve Jobs unveil the iPhone at MacWorld 2007. I play too much Civilization and I’ve been to Chichen Itza twice. Elon Musk is my homeboy and tequila is my drink of choice. My only weakness is Amanda Palmer.
I am a software engineer by trade, specializing in open source web technologies. For me though, technology is only a tool for connecting with people and understanding the world around us. I am a futurist, amateur historian and arm-chair philosopher. I am fascinated by how things work and what makes people tick.
For the next decade of my adult life, I simply want to build cool things and connect them to other, cooler things. Hopefully these become cool things that people will want to use, software that helps people and makes the world a better place. Cool. Cool Cool Cool.
I live in DC and work at CHIEF, a full service marketing agency on Dupont Circle.
I moved quite a bit growing up, but here is the TL;DR:
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Born April 14, 1986
- Dallas, Texas: Moved summer 1993 (age 7)
- Maple Grove, Minnesota: Moved summer 1994 (age 8)
- Otsego, Minnesota: Moved summer 1999 (age 13)
- Zimmerman, Minnesota: Moved fall 2002 (age 16)
- Elk River, Minnesota: Moved summer 2004 (age 18)
- Eau Claire, Wisconsin: Moved summer 2005 (age 19)
- Harrisonburg, Virginia: Moved August 2013 (age 27)
- Washington, DC: Moved November 2015 (age 29)